FAQs about Calvary
At Calvary Baptist Wetumpka we are a loving congregation who Loves God and Loves People. The Bible is the foundational truth in which we base all of our ministries and activities.
Below you will find answers to many of the questions you may have about our church.
What Do I Wear?
Many people think that men must dress in a suit and tie and ladies as dress to attend church. At Calvary Baptist Wetumpka, we would love for you to join us even if you don't have a Suit or fancy dress. We are more concerned with your Spiritual Condition than your fashion. We only ask that you wear modest clothing and come with a heart to meet with Jesus. As a matter of fact, you will notice that on most Sundays our Pastor doesn't even wear a suit and tie. Slacks and Jeans are fine for men and ladies you are welcome to wear you Jeans, Slacks, Skirts, Dresses, etc.
Where Do I Park?
At Calvary Baptist Wetumpka, we value our guests. We have set aside a group of parking spaces just for you. There are signs in the Parking lot by our Sanctuary pointing you to these spots reserved just for you.
What Does Your Worship Service Look Like?
We have a variety of music. We sing new praise songs as well as the traditional hymns of the Faith. Our Worship Team leads us to the Throne of God with a mixture of Congregational Singing, Instrumental Music, Scripture Reading, and Prayer. Our Pastor delievers a message from God's Word that is Biblical Based and Life Application Driven.
What Time Are The Services?
Our Worship Service Times are on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
How do I join the church?
If are interesting in becoming part of our Family here at Calvary we are honored to have you. To join the church, please contact the Pastor and let him know of your desire. After speaking with the Pastor at the end of our services during our "Time of Response" come forward to make your request formally to the Pastor and you will be presented to the church body as a candidate for membership. Our church receives into our membership by Three different ways...
- By public profession of faith in Jesus Christ and as a candidate for baptism.
- On promise of letter from another Southern Baptist church where the individual made their public profession of faith and was baptized.
- By statement of a previous profession of faith from a church of like faith and order. This requires that you have already been baptized by immersion. Please speak with our pastor concerning any questions about baptism by immersion.
If you have any questions about church membership feel free to contact our Pastor.
What Are There For My Children?
I'm glad you asked this question. At Calvary Baptist Wetumpka we cherish Children.
- We have a Child Development Center that serves children from 6 months old - K4. We also have an after school program for students up to grade 6.
- As far a Sunday and Wednesdays at Calvary. We offer a Children's Discipleship program with dynamic teachers and life engaging lessons. We have a Children's message in our Sunday Morning Worship Services as well as Children's Church for those children in Preschool.
- We provide a nursery for all of our services. In the nursery your child will be cared for by loving people who have a heart for children.
- We have regular activities that might include game nights, movies, field trips, sports camps, summer camp, and much more.
Do You Haver Small Groups?
Yes. We believe that one of the primary purposes for our church is to Make Disciples. Our main tool for Disciplemaking is our Sunday School Ministry. This ministry meets each Sunday Morning at 9:30 a.m. We have classes from the youngest child through the oldest adult. Basically, what we are saying is we have a class for you no matter where you are in life. To join one of these groups all that is required is showing up on Sunday morning and we will get you plugged into a class.
We are in the process of beginning a Sunday Evening Small Group Ministry which will entail specific studies such as.
- Women's Studies
- Men's Studies
- Youth Studies
- Children's Studies
- Financial Studies
- Marriage Enrichment
- Biblical Doctrine
- and more
We will be making a post about these studies once they are finalized.
How Do I Keep Up With What Is Going On At Calvary?
This website has a calendar page as well as you can follow our Social Media pages. You will find links to our Social Media pages on the homepage.
What If I Have A Question Not Listed Here?
Contact our church office by using the contact form on this page or by calling (334) 567-4729.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Calvary.